Guns, Impossibly Beautiful Women, Nice Rides and Politics

I STAND WITH ISRAEL




Sunday, January 1, 2012

Heartbroken

I don't know why God makes it so difficult to change a boy into a man. He was a very sweet boy trying to make his way through. I saw him last Tuesday at dinner. On the way home to his mother's house we spoke briefly about how important it is to make correct choices. We only get one chance with the life we are given and if he could just make though this weirdness that is thirteen years old he would be fine. It takes some time but God does a fine job of making men out of boys. I dropped him off with his brother and The last I saw of him was a glimpse in the rear view mirror. I will never forget that "I love you Dad" were the last words I heard from him.

My dear sweet son Ian has died. Peacefully they say in his sleep. I am Heartbroken. I don't know what else to do at the moment. Prayers please if you don't mind. I'll miss my Ian.

14 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog in time to read this. I know the words of a stranger may give little comfort, but know that my heart aches for you. I will pray for Ian and for your family. For whatever reason, that only God knows, Ian is at peace. Take comfort that God will remember those who mourn. Keep your boy always in your heart. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear Lord. What an awful thing to have happened. My heart breaks for you and all of your family.

    Prayers for you, your family, an Ian...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dave, I am new to your blog, but I just read this ad Adrienne's. I am praying for you. Words can't express your heartbreak, or our sadness at having read this. God watch over you and your family.

    They say when someone passes away so young, they are too good for this world. Ian is with the Lord now, I hope you find comfort in that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers for you, Ian, and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so so sorry to learn of your loss (from Adrienne). I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story hurts and I'm heartbroken with you. God bless your family in it's greatest of tests.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please accept my heartfelt condolences to you and all your family on the loss of your beloved son. While mere words cannot compensate for your heartache, I'm sure God will watch over Ian now and keep him in his warmth until you see each other again. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've popped over from Adrienne's . . . I'm so sorry for your loss. Keeping you and yours in prayer during this most difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dave,

    Just learned of your loss from Adrienne. My deepest sympathies in the dark hours of your mourning.

    May God take you in the palm of His and comfort you now and forever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so very sorry, Dave. Praying now for you, your family, and for the repose of the soul of your sweet son, Ian.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry. Prayers coming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heartbreaking news Dave. I am so sorry to hear about your precious son. May God Bless you and your family in this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No parent should have to bury his child.

    Dave, in response to your plea for prayer I'm posting it at our City of God Prayer Chain.

    God bless you and may He ease your grief.

    Phil Steinacker

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our hearts, our thoughts, our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete