Guns, Impossibly Beautiful Women, Nice Rides and Politics

I STAND WITH ISRAEL




Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Red Sox Years

A new book coauthored Terry Francona


Ownership wanted the sexy while Francona was trying to win a damn baseball game. This isn't New York City. Baseball isn't sexy. You play the game with the players you bring to the field.
"They come in with all these ideas about baseball, but I don't think they love baseball," he said. "I think they like baseball. It's revenue, and I know that's their right and their interest because they're owners ... and they're good owners. But they don't love the game. It's still more of a toy or a hobby for them. It's not their blood. They're going to come in and out of baseball. It's different for me. Baseball is my life."

LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment