via my friend Paul on FB
A lot is being reported in the media these days about Mitt Romney not being "likable," or that he doesn't "relate" well to people.
We struggled to understand why. He is, after all, handsome, and has a nice looking wife. Isn't that enough to ensure popularity for most Americans?
So . . . after much research . . . I have come up with a Top-Ten list to explain his unlikability.
Here are the top Ten Reasons To dislike and dismiss Mitt Romney
1. Successful, self-made businessman. (His dad didn't give him a penny. He and Ann had to make it on their own.)
2. He has been married to ONE woman for his entire life, and has been totally FAITHFUL to her.
3. He has no scandals or skeletons in his closet. (How boring is that?)
4. He can't speak in a fake southern black preacher voice when necessary. He never learned how to do that.
5. He knows the real meaning of giving service to his fellow man . . . and quietly shows it in his everyday life.
6. He has loads of money, and he made it all by himself. It is called Capitalism, the American way - the American dream! And . . . since nobody else in this country has any desire to have loads of money . . . we don't like him!
7. He has a family of great boys . . . none of whom are in drug rehab, nor have they been in any other type of trouble at all, EVER.
8. He doesn't smoke (not even in secret), he doesn't drink alcohol or do drugs (not even in college, where other people were supposedly NOT inhaling, or, in Obama's case INHALING!)
9. He represents an America of "yesteryear," where people believed in God, where they went to Church and took their kids with them, where they didn't screw around, where they worked hard, and where they became a SUCCESS in life!
10. Oh, and yes . . . he is a MORMON. The religion that teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable, self-reliant, honest, upright and MORAL!
Oh, and one more point I need to make here: pundits say that because of his wealth - he can't relate to ordinary Americans. I guess that's because he made that money ALL BY HIMSELF. . . as opposed to marrying into it (as in John Kerry) or inheriting it from Dad (as in Jack, Robert & Ted Kennedy.)
We didn't understand that actually working at a job and earning your own money made you unrelatable to Americans. Yep. He is pretty strange, all right.
Please, friends . . . Please make the right choice this November.
In God We Trust . . .
U. S. Marines (Ret)